Protecting yourself and the ones you love as you drive is crucial. That’s why the new 2020 Nissan Altima is prepared for the worst with its diversity of safety features. To learn about each of the safety features in the Nissan Altima, keep reading below!
[ READ MORE: Sheehy Nissan of Manassas Offers Military Discount ]
Safety Features in the 2020 Nissan Altima Sedan
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System
- Throughout the Altima, there are ten airbags installed to protect you and your passengers. These airbags are scattered on the front, side, and roof of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Dynamic Control
- Activates when the vehicle oversteers or understeers, this system adjusts engine power and applies the brakes to specific wheels.
- Traction Control System
- This system automatically monitors your wheelspin. If you lose traction, the throttle gets decreased so you can get back into control. This will help minimize slippage when the roads have ice or heavy water on the road.
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- To avoid locking the brakes, this system pumps the brakes when you need to make a hard stop. This will keep you in control as you steer away or around an obstacle.
- Advanced Braking
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Brake Assist work together in this system. If you have extra weight in the Altima, Electronic Brake Force diverts power to the rear brakes. Brake Assist helps apply the brakes when the system detects a potential crash.
- Designed for babies and young children, LATCH helps secures your child in place. If your child seat is compatible with LATCH, you won’t need to use a clip or seat belt.
If you have any questions about the 2020 Nissan Altima or its safety features, let us know so we can help! Follow our blog for more posts like this every month!